Having started in Central Africa, we are committed to invest in regionally empowering projects that boost local economies and decrease reliance on international providers. At VIA AIR we like to think that by choosing us, our clients choose to invest directly in the development of our countries of operations.
As such, we proudly invest a variety of economic and charity projects ranging from the setting up of accessible passenger lines to open up difficult-to-access regions, to promoting social inclusion through sport events.
For the past 5 years, as part of our charitable action program, we have built or repaired dozen of remote airfields, as well as financed a large number of events to promote social inclusion among youth through sport and aviation-related events.
VIA AIR is also a UN Global Compact signatory.
VIA AIR's responsible investments in the region notably include the:
• Opening up of difficult-to-access localities by refurbishing inaccessible or limited airfields (Obo 2018, Ouanda Djallé 2018/7, Ouanda 2017)
• Setting up scheduled internal lines for the first time in a decade in the Central African Republic
• Introduction of accredited training for national airport staff workers
• Signing of a PPP with a Central African state for the opening up of a maintenance platform
Example of VIA AIR's recent charitable actions include:
• Dozens of free seats offered every years, in partnership with our clients, to help remote communities solve critical medical, social and political situations
• Organization of charitable events to introduce aviation to Bangui-based displaced children
• Finance of basketball related events to promote social inclusion and civic values